Personal genetic analysis is based on an overview of your DNA. It gives appropriate recommendations in the field of early prevention and appropriate action, to reduce the risk of developing a disease. This is especially important for those of us who are more exposed because of our genetic makeup.
The main goals of the genetic analysis are:
- To provide information for enabling appropriate action and lifestyle changes.
- To reduce the risk or prevent the development of certain diseases.
- To draw attention to genetic predisposition for certain diseases, so that early detection through screening and timely treatment would be possible.
- To adjust the dosage of medications according to our DNA and so increase the safety and efficacy of the therapy.
- To provide information about the hidden characteristics of the body, so that we could understand our body better, learn to know it and act accordingly.
Personal genetic analysis will:
- Reveal what is written in your genes
- Help to understand how genes influence your life
- Advice, how you can take advantage from your genetic makeup
Personal genetic analysis includes analyses of many modern diseases. It consists of three thematic sections, in which you will:
- Get familiar with genetic predispositions to develop cardiovascular diseases, cancers and other diseases
- Learn about your response to medicaments
- Receive insight into genetically determined physical characteristics and abilities
Analysis results are easy to understand and consist plenty of useful information
Your individual analysis report will lead you in a clear and intuitive way from general information through personal results to health advice and possible preventive measures. Consequently it allows you to reduce the risk of developing a disease or helps the disease to be detected early on for timely treatment.
Accordance with current guidelines
Personal genetic analysis is designed in accordance with current rules and guidelines for genetic analysis. It follows the recommendations and provisions of the British Human Genetics Commission, intended for the general populous.
Carefully designed DNA analysis
Great importance is given to the appropriate choice of genetic markers. Because of the extremely high number of genetic markers, we include in the analysis only those, which prove reliable and, for which a scientific research has been performed on highest quality. We try to include studies that have results independently verified in other studies and that have high statistical reliability by having been performed on a sample set of at least 1000 people. We mostly choose studies which have been published in highly recognized scientific magazines.
Expert opinion and preventive advice
Special attention is given to the appropriate compilation of professional advice and preventive measures. Specialized experts in the field of medicine and pharmacy take care of this by giving appropriate guidelines based on genetic information.
We collaborate with a laboratory which operates according to the ISO standard 9001:2008, and where extremely reliable and state-of-art molecular diagnostics technology is used to analyse your DNA. The laboratory is a certified provider of services which are conducted on genotyped platforms produced by the Illumina Company (»Illumina certified provider«).
Personal genetic analysis is not a crystal ball that can predict the future, but rather a science-based starting point to calculate the genetic risk, which indicates how likely we are to get a certain disease due to our genetic makeup.
Genetic information, despite the fact that we are influenced both by genes and our environment, can help use to reduce the risks:
- Encourage us to change life style (e.g. quit smoking)
- Encourage us to take additional visits to our doctor that can lead us to earlier detection of a disease (e.g. finding of lumps in case of breast cancer, prostate enlargement in case of prostate cancer, lactose intolerance, celiac disease- inability to metabolize gluten, etc.) and timely treatment of these diseases
From your genetic analysis, you can also predict how well you would respond to the treatment with certain medicaments. Based on this, your doctor can:
- Adjust the dosage
- Replace the medicament with an alternative and so improve the safety of the therapy (decreasing the chances of negative side effect of the drug) or increase the effectiveness.
Genetic analysis will enable you to see your physical abilities and characteristics that are otherwise not visible. You will learn about your body’s ability to metabolize different types of fats, about your muscular build-up, but also about your effectiveness of learning from mistakes and about lot of other things you did not know till now.
We are certain that with the help of Personal genetic analysis you can do a great deal to improve your health. We advise you to take into consideration the suggestions for preventive measures and medical advice, especially for the analyses containing a higher risk. We would like to warn you that the analysis does not contain diagnoses of diseases and, in the case you consider great changes in your lifestyle, you should see your personal doctor.
Personal genetic analysis will reveal you more about your response to different drugs and your susceptibility to different diseases as well as it will also offer you further insight into the traits and talents of your body.
You will learn about important information diseases preventive measures to reduce the risk for certain diseases in the future:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Atrial fibrillation
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Breast cancer
- Celiac disease
- Colorectal cancer
- Diabetes type 1
- Diabetes type 2
- Heart attack
- Lung cancer
- Multiple sclerosis
- Prostate cancer
- Restless leg syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Venous thromboembolism
Personal genetic analysis will allow you to learn about your response to any of following drugs:
- Regulation of cholesterol and triglycerides (statins)
- Inhibition of gastric acid secretion (omeprazole)
- Prevention of blood clotting (clopidogrel)
- Regulation of blood sugar level (metformin)
- Treatment of stable coronary artery disease (perindopril)
- Anticoagulants (warfarin)
TRAITS AND TALENTS
You can learn about your genetic basics for the following characteristics:
- Alcohol metabolism
- Caffeine metabolism
- Earwax type
- Eye colour
- Lactose metabolism
- Learning from mistakes
- Muscle structure
- Pain sensitivity
- Bitter taste perception
- Nicotine addiction
- Resistance to noroviruses
- Resistance to malaria (type Duffy)
Personal genetic analysis is especially recommended for:
- People with the family history of certain diseases
- People who regularly take medicaments that we test for
- People who realise that proper preventive and early medical examinations are the key to preventing development of disease or to detecting the disease early enough for successful treatment
- People who would like to adjust their diet according to their genes (according to metabolism of lactose, caffeine, alcohol, fats, etc.)
- People who would like to adjust their physical activities according to their genetic makeup. Imagine how having information about possessing more explosive muscle type can help deciding for a physical activity of your liking. Genetic analysis can be a great starting point to facilitate decision-making for improved participation in sport.
- People who are curious and want to know their advantages, risks and hidden talents.
1. Order your analysis
Order your Personal genetic analysis on our website.
2. Receive your DNA kit
You will receive a DNA kit which contains a saliva collector, documentation and all the necessary instructions to your home address.
3. Collect your sample
Submit your biological sample in the saliva collector according to attached instructions and fill in the Statement for performing the Personal genetic analysis.
4. Send your sample
Your sample and signed documents have to be sent to our laboratory according to the given instructions.
5. Analysis of your DNA
Your DNA is isolated and then analysed in the laboratory and as a result your Personal genetic analysis report is created.
6. Discover your genes
To your home address, you will receive the printed brochure which includes results of your genetic analysis with additional descriptions of analyses, preventive measures and medical advice.
GenePlanet’s products can be ordered on our webpage, through our sales partners or you can just call us on +386 59 25 11 11. All we need is your saliva sample, which is simply collected in the special saliva collector.
GenePlanet ensures complete anonymity of our customers, as biological sample is labelled only with a unique identification code. After completing your analysis the biological sample is disposed within a specified period.
We analyse only those genetic markers for which role has been well proven in different scientific studies. Analysis of your DNA is performed in laboratory that operates accordingly to quality standard ISO 9001:2008 and has all the necessary accreditations. We use the latest Illumina technology.
All our products follow the latest recommendations and rules for genetic testing. The quality of our products and professional execution is guaranteed by our experienced team of experts in the fields of biotechnology, pharmaceutics, biochemistry, medicine, nutritional sciences and information technology.