The core of NutriFit is based on the fact that link exists between numerous genetic variants and individual dietary needs. NutriFit is undoubtedly one of the main steps in the process of discovering specific needs of each individual and is therefore a key to the optimal diet and a healthy life-style.
The personal nutrigenetic guide therefore identifies specific characteristics of each of us and guides individuals on the path to optimal health and well-being.
Through the analysis, individuals will:
- Discover their needs for the most important micro- and macro- nutrients
- Learn about their metabolism as well as about their response to physical activity
- Find out whether they have inherited high cholesterol, high blood sugar, weak bones, and/or are susceptible for being overweight
- Learn about their metabolism of alcohol, caffeine and lactose
- Find out whether they are prone to oxidative stress
- Learn about their muscles and find out which sport activities are the best for them
The nutrigenetics guide NutriFit is a comprehensive guide that contains 35 analyses divided into 8 chapters that cover key thematic elements of diet and lifestyle. In total we analyse over 110 genetic variations.
NutriFit reveals to a person, which nutrients are most suitable due to his/her genetic makeup by taking into account a holistic approach. Each person discovers the specific needs, dictated by the genetic makeup, which enables them to establish an optimal diet and lifestyle and help to improve the health, well-being and the quality of life.
The nutrigenetic guidebook NutriFit covers:
- Instructions to make it easier to read the nutrigenetic guidebook
- Understandable and interesting introduction to genetics and diet
- 35 analyses divided into 8 chapters
- A special section "More about analyses" where more detailed information about each area covered in NutriFit can be obtained
- Glossary for unknown terms
- List of all genes analysed accompanied with the description of their role
- List of scientific research on which the NutriFit analysis is based
- Nutritional tables with nearly 200 different foods accompanied with information about each food products caloric value, content of cholesterol, nutrients, minerals and vitamins, all of which enables effective planning of meals
Each individual analysis contains:
- Explanation of the analysis
- Coloured presentation of genetic results
- Explanation of genetic results
- Individualized dietary recommendations and recommendations on lifestyle, based on the individual's genetic makeup.
- Additional points of interest and information
- Graphs and data indicating the role of heritability
Outstanding added value of the NutriFit nutrigenetics guidebook is that the individual, based on the response to the basic types of nutrients, will get a comprehensive diet and daily caloric intake recommendations adapted to the genetic makeup of the individual.
- Evaluate individuals response to the basic types of nutrients (carbohydrates, saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Review of a number of important health factors, such as genetic predisposition to obesity, inadequate cholesterol, triglyceride and blood sugar levels, bone density, etc.
- Calculation of the genetic risk for lacking the most important vitamins and minerals
- Based on your genetic makeup, an assessment of many other features, such as metabolic characteristics, exposure to oxidative stress, perception of taste and smell, and other factors that influence diet and lifestyle.
- Rating of the individual properties that are important for optimal training
- Establishment of dietary guidelines and lifestyle guidance based on the findings from personal genetic makeup
- Allowing individuals to choose from the attached list only these food products that will allow him /her to meet the daily needs of the most important macro-nutrients, vitamins and minerals
Advantages of the NutriFit nutrigenetic analysis:
- Over 80 pages address all key areas of a healthy diet and lifestyle
- Recommendations and guidelines are individually tailored based on persons genetic makeup
- Recommendations are based on the principles of a healthy diet and do not include various restrictive methods of weight loss
- Unique algorithm are used to calculate the diet and daily caloric intake
- Detailed nutritional tables to plan meals of your choice are included
- Detailed genetic analysis of more than 100 genetic variations is given
1. WAY TO YOUR IDEAL BODY WEIGHT
ADJUST YOUR DIET ACCORING TO YOUR GENES
In this chapter you will learn how your genetic makeup influences the development of overweight, and how your body responds to different types of fats and carbohydrates. At the end of the chapter we reveal ''A diet type'' that according to your genetic makeup suits you the best.
We advise you to follow our recommendations because the balance between the intake and the use of calories, physical activity and genetic background are the keys to optimal body weight and well-being. It is generally not recommended to eat more calories than are actually burned. In addition to a controlled calorie intake, the right choice of foods is also crucial, as certain foods can cause even more harm, while other foods can improve your condition.
The fact, that a diet based on genetic analysis is truly effective, has been proven by scientific research performed at Stanford University. The study discovered that people who had been eating according to their genetic makeup had lost 4 kilograms more that those who had been trying to lose weight in no accordance with their genetics.
1. Risk for being overweight
2. Response to saturated fats
3. Response to monounsaturated fats
4. Response to polyunsaturated fats
5. Response to carbohydrates
6. Diet type
2. HOW MUCH DO GENES INFLUENCE YOUR METABOLISM AND HEALTH
WITH AN APPROPRIATE DIET YOU CAN PREVENT NUMEROUS health COMPLICATIONS
Cholesterol is a substance which is normally produced by our body, and additionally it is also found in food. We differentiate good HDL cholesterol and bad LDL cholesterol. In addition to cholesterol, our health is also influenced by blood sugar level, which has to be as low as possible, and triglycerides, which, if increased, have the same effect as bad LDL cholesterol. Inappropriate levels of any of these components can quickly cause cardiovascular complications, increased blood pressure, obesity and diabetes. This is, in a way, prevented by complex body mechanisms which are fighting against the external influences (the influence of diet, smoking, alcohol, etc.) and are trying to maintain their optimal level. How good they are at this, mostly, depends on our genes. Therefore, people with unfavourable genes have to be so much more careful about their diet and lifestyle.
In this chapter, you will learn what levels of LDL and HDL cholesterol, triglycerides and blood sugar are determined by your genes. In case of unfavourable genes, it is really important to appropriately adjust your diet to achieve a better health.
1. HDL (good) cholesterol
2. LDL (bad) cholesterol
4. Blood sugar
3. WHICH VITAMINS AND MINERALS DOES YOUR BODY NEED?
MICRONUTRIENTS PLAY AN IMPORTANT PART IN YOUR HEALTH
Micronutrients, which include vitamins and minerals, are vital for our health. They are essential for the functioning of our organism; they improve our well-being and prevent many diseases. Their daily requirements are determined by numerous factors, and among them is also our genetic makeup. It determines which vitamins and minerals we have to consume in an increased amount, or vice versa, and which of them we have in sufficient amounts so we simply have to maintain their levels. We can get almost all of the vitamins and minerals with regular food. However, this can be slightly more difficult in case we are prone to the lack of them. In such cases, food supplements are a good option.
In this chapter, we will reveal to you what levels of vitamin B complex, vitamin D and minerals, such as iron and potassium, are determined by your genes. In addition, you will learn how sensitive you are to kitchen salt or sodium, and what bone density is determined by your genes. The latter can be specifically adjusted with an appropriate intake of vitamins and minerals.
1. Vitamin B6
2. Vitamin B9
3. Vitamin B12
4. Vitamin D
6. Sodium (salt)
8. Bone density
4. IMPORTANT INFLUENCES ON YOUR EATING HABITS
ALSO UNHEALTHY EATING HABITS CAN BE INHERITED
Our health is directly related to our eating habits. Skipping meals, especially breakfast, eating too much candy, eating oversized meals and excessive sweetening of foods are common phenomena in today's society. On one hand, there is a characteristic excessive calorie intake which results in weight-gain, and on the other, there is unhealthy dieting with crash diets which do not have the right effect.
Undoubtedly, our eating habits are also greatly influenced by the environment that we live in. Environment full of stress and haste, prevents us from developing healthy eating habits. However, eating habits are not merely the consequence of the environment, nor are they completely an individual's free choice. The truth in the matter is that, apart from the environment, it is also our genetic makeup that influences our eating habits.
1. Consumption of sweet treats
2. Insatiability and hunger
3. Sweet taste perception
4. Bitter taste perception
5. THE EFFECTIVENESS OF YOUR METABOLISM
GENES HELP YOU LEARN ABOUT YOUR BODY'S METABOLISM
Our body, with the help of specific enzymes, processes or breaks down lactose, caffeine and alcohol after their consumption. This enables them to be used as nutrients, or prevents these substances from becoming harmful. If a certain enzyme does not function optimally, an inappropriate adaptation can lead to certain health problems.
Lactose intolerance is one of the well-known phenomena, where lactase, an enzyme which is responsible for the breaking down of milk sugar lactose, is lacking. In case of lactose intolerance, our organism cannot break down milk sugar, and lactose intolerant people have many problems, such as diarrhoea, bloating and vomiting, when eating dairy products. Among important processes are also the metabolism of alcohol and caffeine. For both of them, a slow and ineffective metabolism is problematic. In this chapter you will find out about your response to those substances and according to you genetic makeup, you will be given the most suitable recommendations.
1. Alcohol metabolism
2. Caffeine metabolism
3. Lactose metabolism
YOUR GENES, DETOXIFICATION AND ANTIOXIDANTS
GENES CAN ALSO INFLUENCE YOUR PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
In this chapter your will learn about your selenium and vitamin E levels that are determined by your genetic makeup, and how effective the detoxification mechanisms of your body are. Harmful substances enter into our body daily through food, water and air and we desperately need mechanisms that are responsible for detoxification and removal of these substances from our systems. These mechanisms include specific enzymes that detoxify our body, and antioxidants that neutralise free radicals. The formation of free radicals is caused by radiation, cigarette smoke, various pollutants and countless other substances which our body can successfully detoxify with the help of appropriate enzymes. However, a mutation can occur in the genetic makeup of the enzymes, which is then expressed as ineffective detoxification of the above mentioned potentially harmful and toxic substances. In case of an ineffective enzyme function or the lack of a certain enzyme, we are largely exposed to the toxins from the environment, and we have to adapt accordingly.
2. Vitamin E
3. Oxidative stress
SPORTS AND RECREATION IN TUNE WITH YOUR GENES
DISCOVER THE WORKOUT MOST SUITABLE FOR YOU
In this chapter we will reveal to you the sports activities that you can be good at on the basis of your muscle structure. You will learn to what extent you are prone to Achilles tendon injury, and how beneficial a certain type of training is for you. Physical activity generally affects our health positively, but certain sports activities are more beneficial for some than they are for others. Whenever we opt for a certain type of recreation with an intention to lose excess fat, and, therefore, lose weight, this factor becomes even more important. Scientific research has discovered that a certain type of recreation can be beneficial for some people, while the influence of it on others can be less optimal, or can even affect the accumulation of fatty tissue. All this depends on our genetic makeup. And this is precisely why we can, with the help of your DNA analysis, recommend a type of recreation which suits you best, or we can advise you against a certain type of physical activity.
1. Muscle structure
2. Strength training (for men only)
3. Endurance training (for women only)
4. Achilles tendon
GENETICALLY DETERMINED ADDICTIONS AND AGEING
YOU CAN INFLUENCE ADDICTION AND AGEING
In this chapter you will learn about how susceptible you are to nicotine and alcohol addiction. We will also reveal your rate of aging in comparison to the average population, and whether your genetic makeup determines that a change of lifestyle is important for you.
What is lifestyle, anyway? Lifestyle is a concept which had been established already in the 1929 by an Austrian psychologist Alfred Adler. With this concept, we describe our way of life, or our habits. It is generally known that smoking, alcohol drinking, inappropriate diet and lack of physical inactivity point on an unhealthy lifestyle and are the cause for many health problems. In case we are prone to nicotine or alcohol addiction, it is highly recommended to preventively avoid such habits, as the possibility of addiction is higher. Excessive alcohol drinking and cigarette smoke additionally influence our ageing process, and, in case you have unfavourable genes which determine a higher rate of ageing, we recommend limiting alcohol and giving up smoking.
1. Nicotine addiction
2. Alcohol addiction
3. Biological ageing
We recommended our NutriFit nutrigenetic analysis to:
- Anyone who wants to achieve optimal body weight
- Anyone who wants to reduce the risk of developing some of the most common diseases of modern times
- Anyone who wants to achieve greater vitality and beauty
- Anyone who wants to maintain a healthy and youthful appearance
- Anyone who wishes to follow optimal exercise program
- Anyone who want to adapt diet and lifestyle in accordance with the genetic makeup
- Anyone, regardless of age, gender, weight, height and physical activity, as the recommendations take into consideration all those aspects
Since NutriFit nutrigenetic guide takes into consideration each person’s specific needs, it has an incomparably greater practical value than other solutions available on the market. The suggestions given to the person are not based on general guidelines but on scientifically proven data.
1. Order your analysis
Order your NutriFit genetic analysis on our website.
2. Receive your DNA kit
You will receive a DNA kit which contains a saliva collector, documentation and all the necessary instructions to your home address.
3. Collect your sample
Submit your biological sample in the saliva collector according to attached instructions and fill in the Statement for performing the NutriFit analysis.
4. Send your sample
Your sample and signed documents have to be sent to our laboratory according to the given instructions.
5. Analysis of your DNA
Your DNA is isolated and then analysed in the laboratory and as a result your NutriFit report is created.
6. Discover your genes
To your home address, you will receive the printed brochure which includes results of your genetic analysis with additional descriptions of analyses and preventive measures.
GenePlanet’s products can be ordered on our webpage, through our sales partners or you can just call us on +386 59 25 11 11. All we need is your saliva sample, which is simply collected in the special saliva collector.
GenePlanet ensures complete anonymity of our customers, as biological sample is labelled only with a unique identification code. After completing your analysis the biological sample is disposed within a specified period.
We analyse only those genetic markers for which role has been well proven in different scientific studies. Analysis of your DNA is performed in laboratory that operates accordingly to quality standard ISO 9001:2008 and has all the necessary accreditations. We use the latest Illumina technology.
All our products follow the latest recommendations and rules for genetic testing. The quality of our products and professional execution is guaranteed by our experienced team of experts in the fields of biotechnology, pharmaceutics, biochemistry, medicine, nutritional sciences and information technology.